Lahore: New rates for the construction materials are expected to be announced by dealers on April 15 – after the lockdown on construction activities is lifted, a news source reported. According to report, these prices are already rising in the open market.
Last Friday, the Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan had announced an unprecedented incentive package to boost construction activity in the country. At the same time, he said the partial lockdown will take effect from April 14. It is in the wake of these announcements that the prices have begun fluctuating in the open market.
Following are the construction material rates prevailing in the open market:
- Standard Bricks: PKR 10,000 per 1,000 bricks
- Cement: PKR 550 per bag
- Rebar (New): 150,000 per tonne
- Rebar (Old): 90,000 per tonne
- Sand (Trolley): PKR 3,000
- Sand (Suzuki): PKR 1,500
- Gravel (Trolley): PKR 5,000
- Gravel (Suzuki): PKR 1,500-1,700